Friday, March 22, 2013

Lyla 2 Design Edition Cerise

Lyla 2 Design Edition Cerise


LELO’s new Insignia line launched back in September, and they were nice enough to send me a free product to review. There are three toys as part of this new line, and I choose to review the Lyla, a SenseMotion couples’ massager. This was my first LELO to review, so I was SUPER excited to be working with the company.

About the Products:

The Lyla is an egg (ish) shaped vibe that comes with a remote control – no wires necessary. It uses the SenseMotion™ technology, which means that the remote responds to your movements. On one setting, the vibrations slow or speed up as you tilt the remote. On the second setting, the vibe responds when you flick the remote. There are also six “normal” settings – pulsing, general vibrating, etc. like you find on many different types of vibrators.
The Lyla is fully waterproof and made from a very smooth silicone. The egg part has a retrieval loop, so it’s great for any kind of play you like, even anal. There are no wires, since the remote, but you do have to charge the egg occasionally. It comes in three colors (I have the purple-y one, but you can choose from pink or black as well). The product retails for $139.

Pros:

I absolutely LOVE the quality that you get when you buy a LELO. The material is silky smooth and just cries “luxury.” This is also a very quiet product, and since it comes with a remote, you could theoretically play with your partner just about anywhere. Mmm….get saucy in the sauce aisle at the grocery store or make your research a little more interesting at the library.
When you buy a LELO, it also comes in beautiful packaging
. It make not seem like a big deal, but when you drop over $100 on a sex toy, the little details matter! And, you get a little pouch with your LELO, so if the box is too big and bulky for you to keep, you can still store your products well.
When you buy a LELO, it also comes with a little pack of lube. Personally, I don’t really need lube (I get embarrassing wet when turned on), but some girls definitely will enjoy the Lyla more with the lube.

Cons:

Sigh. Where do I start?
I really wanted to love the Lyla. LELO was very gracious in sending it to me and I am a total geek for new technology. While the quality of the product itself is what you would expect from LELO, the workings of the product need some work. The LELO relies on constant contact with the remote, and I found that it lost the signal quite often. It would just stop vibrating when that happened. I thought maybe I hadn’t charged the egg properly, but I don’t think that’s the problem, since I’ve seen other reviews mention this problem too. I think it just doesn’t work very well, unfortunately.

A closer look at the remote piece.
The wireless control is supposed to work up to 39 feet away…but this is not the case unlessmaybe you had the control on the table with nothing obstructing it. Get something between the two parts…like say, flesh or fabric…and it doesn’t really work.
I also didn’t really like that the vibrations were echoed on the remote. It’s good to know what your partner is experiencing, but it also gets annoying as your grip the remote. I’d love to see them implement an on/off switch for the remote vibrations. This would be especially helpful for discreet public play.

Conclusion:

I can sum up my experience in one word: disappointing. LELO toys are expensive, and since this one doesn’t work properly, I can’t in good conscious recommend that you purchase it.
HOWEVER – What I can say is that I don’t think this is the norm with LELO products. Since getting the Lyla to review, I’ve also been able to try their Luna Beads and the Iris vibrator(Thank you Old Mole!), and I can say without a doubt that these products work VERY well! So, don’t shy away from trying a LELO, especially if you want to really treat yourself. Just choose the right one!

No comments:

Post a Comment